The FERO spring clean-up/special collection dates within Arcadia are as follows:
Ward 5 – Cambridge-Narrows: May 22
Ward 4 – Cambridge: May 26
Ward 2 – Gagetown: May 29
For questions about what can be put out on these dates please call FERO at (506)459-4599, for any other questions the Arcadia Office can be reached at (506)488-2581.
All refuse being placed out for pick up must be in accordance with local by-laws.
All waste placed for collection but not collected shall be removed from the roadside by the resident at the end of the day.
All waste must be at the roadside by 7:00 a.m. Roadside means no more than two metres from the point where the driveway of a residence intersects a highway, road or lane. All household waste must be properly bundled, bagged/boxed, to prevent scattering and foraging by animals. Cardboard, paper and other refuse must be flattened and bound securely. Glass must be put into cardboard boxes and clearly labeled “Glass”.
- Ashes, rocks, sand or gravel
- Construction/Building materials( eg. toilets)
- Petroleum products
- Radioactive or hazardous waste
- Motorized vehicles or any part of such vehicle
- Special collection is for the collection of ‘white goods’ (i.e. appliances such as freezers, dishwashers, fridges, stoves, air conditioners, microwave ovens etc.) acceptable to the Solid Waste Commission and for the collection of furniture and other large typical household goods. (maximum 3 items per household per collection) The ‘white goods’ shall not be compacted.